Nori Wrapped Wild Salmon Salad
- 2 (6 oz) wild sockeye salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or light soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 sheets nori
- Olive oil
- 2 cups of mixed greens (chopped)
- ½ carrot (julienne sliced)
- ½ red pepper (matchstick chopped)
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Square off the fillet portions without cutting into the skin. Fold the thinner part under.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the nori sheets all over with the coconut oil. Place the salmon portion on the nori sheet and sprinkle with salt (optionally add pepper and garlic powder).
- Wrap the salmon in the nori like a package.
- Place the wrapped salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Lightly spray with olive oil. Bake 12 minutes at 450F (or 30-40 min at 220F if you prefer slow cooked).
- Prepare the salad dressing while you wait. Whisk the pesto by adding olive oil, lemon juice and sea salt until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Place the chopped greens, carrot and red pepper in a salad mixing bowl. Add the dressing and mix well.
- Transfer the salmon fillets to a cutting board. Use a sharp chef’s knife to cut them in half crosswise, then serve with salad.